5 tips to choosing a Supply Teaching Agency
5 reasons that teaching agencies are not the same? How do I choose the right one for me?
Choosing a teaching supply agency is so much more difficult than it used to be. There are so many to choose from promising you everything on your checklist. What should you be looking for? Well, here are some tips on how to spot a quality agency from a dud!
- Longevity, find an agency that has at least five years of providing teachers to the schools in the area you want to work. You can ask the agency or ring around some local schools, if you don't want to approach the agency directly just yet.
- Recommendation, word of mouth is a great way to find a good agency. The local schools will tell you which agencies they like to work with and if the supply teachers from the agency are happy with them.
- First impressions, when you call are you comfortable with the responses you receive, do you want to meet them and let them represent you to local schools.
- Listening, did they listen to your reasons for choosing supply teaching? Did they listen to your preferences for schools, subjects and key stages?
- Local agency, does the agency have a local office. The agency team are more likely to know about the local schools if they live and work in the same area. The schools like this about local agencies.
If the agency promises you everything after a quick introduction call the chances are it will deliver a lot less. Experienced reputable agency are a pleasure to work with and you will be in good hands.